Craving a soupy Thai chicken coconut noodle bowl? Ready in fifteen minutes or less using CurrySimple's coconut soup concentrate
along with some fresh mushrooms, green onions and tomatoes. The coconut soup is made in Thailand and loaded with healthy herbs such as lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal and coriander. You may add the optional 1/2 and 1/2 to make creamy and tone down the flavor of the herbs. Cooking tip - Don't overcook the Thai rice noodles. They are different then pasta and do not need to be in boiling water for 10 minutes. Bring water to boil, turn off the heat and let them soak for just a few minutes.
Chicken Coconut Noodle Bowl Recipe - Serves 2
Ready in fifteen minutes
14 oz boneless chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
2 stalks of green onions (scallions)
1/2 tomato sliced into six pieces
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
8 oz Thai rice noodles
1 pack of CurrySimple Coconut Soup Concentrate
12 oz water
(Optional) 2 oz 1/2 and 1/2 cream to make creamy
1. Fill a pot with water and heat until almost boiling (continue to step 2 while water is heating)
2. In a second pot, empty the package of CurrySimple's coconut soup concentrate
and add the 12 oz of water
3. Heat the soup at high heat (add optional 1/2 and 1/2 at this point)
4. When the soup is hot, add the sliced chicken breast and cook inside the soup
5. Turn the heat off the first pot of heating water. Add the Thai Rice Noodles and let soak for 3 minutes
6. After about 3 minutes the chicken should be cooked in the soup. Turn the head down and add the green onions, tomatoes and mushrooms.
7. Strain the water from the Thai rice noodles and separate into (2) bowls
8. Serve the chicken coconut soup over the noodles in the (2) bowls.