CurrySimple

4 TBSP CurrySimple Green Curry sauce
2 TBSP Greek Yogurt
1/8 tsp Tahini oil
1/8 tsp lemon juice (or lime if your prefer)
1/4 tsp soy sauce
2-4 cups shredded broccoli
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup shredded cabbage
seal-tight bowl

This recipe was born of a conversation between a friend and myself. She doesn't like mayonnaise, and I don't like cabbage. I was trying to find something similar to cole slaw that we would both eat (although we live too far apart for both of us to experience the meal together).

Directions:
Mix curry sauce, yogurt, Tahini oil, and lemon juice in bowl, then add 2 cups shredded broccoli and the rest of the shredded vegetables. The slaw should look somewhat dry, because as it sits, the sauce will become less creamy and have more of a liquid feel. Cover bowl, shake mix components. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes, refrigerated. If additional seasoning is needed, add soy sauce & mix. Additional veggies can be added if you like a drier slaw, or serve wet.

I made this same slaw with mayonnaise, and with sour cream. All three mediums work well. My favorite is the mayonnaise based slaw ... most likely because I love mayonnaise, but do not necessarily love the taste of yogurt.

Enjoy!

(I have a crappy camera phone ... sorry!)

Tags: broccoli, slaw

Views: 179

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Recipe

This sounds wonderful since I do not care for mayo either.  Thank you for sharing.

Jennifer

RSS

Sign in

Password
 or Sign Up
By signing in, you agree to the amended Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Forgotten your password?

Visit our Gourmet Friends!

Buy CurrySimple Online!

© 2014   Created by CurrySimple.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service