CurrySimple

Depending on how much you want you can adjust the recipe.

You will want a Large pot for this.

4 cans of Tomato Paste
6-8 cups water - depending on the brand of paste, some need more than others
2 TBS of Garlic Powder or 4 cloves of Garlic crushed
4 TBS rosemary - crushed
3 Tsp Salt
3 Tsp Pepper
1 TBS Majorum
2 Bay leaves - take out once cooking is done
2 Tsp oregano
1 small-medium white onion sliced thinly
1 lb lean hamburger or ground venison
6 individual or 3 cups of mushrooms sliced
1/2 lb ground plain pork
2 cups CurrySimple Masaman Curry Sauce

- empty the cans of tomato paste into your large pot and stir in your water until you reach the consistency that you would enjoy. Put stove on simmer once paste and water is mixed.
- in a large covered pan slowly saute your mushrooms with the sliced onions and crushed garlic, if you used powdered garlic wait and put it in with the seasonings.
- once the onions are translucent put in your ground hamburger/venison and ground pork cook till browned to pull all the flavor out. De-glaze the pan with a little water and pour into sauce pot.
- add your seasonings and cook all of it,covered with a lid, on low for at least an hour
- 10 min before you are ready to serve put in the 2 cups of CurrySimple Masaman Curry Sauce

Once its heated up pour over your cooked pasta. Eat and enjoy!

A video of this will coming soon!

Tags: curry, masaman, spaghetti

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Recipe

I can imagine this would be good. My grandparents are Mexican, so I have added chili powder and jalapenos to my spaghetti sauce for as long as I can remember. My exhusband was Filipino, and his mother added a lot of black pepper powder and some of her other traditional spices to her spaghetti. Bot of our versions are wonderful ... I may have to try making a curry version sometime soon.

Although, I don't ever start with tomato paste. I prefer whole tomatoes or cans of tomato sauce, both of which retain the natural sweetness of tomatoes far better than paste.

Thanks for the inspiration!
I definitely agree with you on paste/whole, crushed or whole are definitely better. I tend to use paste because typical time constraints in my household. :-)

Thank you for the kind words!
Just so ya know ... it doesn't take any longer w/the cans of sauce or crushed tomatoes than it does with tomato paste ... in fact, it may take less time. I've cooked both ways, and starting w/mostly liquid and a can of paste to thicken it up has a better consistency ...

I'm wondering what the red curry would do to my chili now. Hmmm .....

RSS

Sign in

Password
 or Sign Up
By signing in, you agree to the amended Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Forgotten your password?

Visit our Gourmet Friends!

Buy CurrySimple Online!

© 2014   Created by CurrySimple.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service